Saturday, May 23, 2015

Watch Movie My Little Pony: Equestria Girls Online

My Little Pony: Equestria GirlsMy Little Pony: Equestria Girls
iMDB Rating: 6.1

Date Released : 24 August 2013

Genre : Animation, Comedy, Family, Fantasy, Musical

Stars : Tara Strong, Ashleigh Ball, Andrea Libman, Tabitha St. Germain

Movie Quality : HDrip

Size : 700 MB



Download

Watch My Little Pony: Equestria Girls Trailer :



Review :


Hugely disappointing, and this is from a big MLP:FIM fan

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is in my opinion one of the best animated shows in recent years, so that in itself was reason enough to see My Little Pony: Equestria Girls. It is just really sad however that was so good about the show would turn out to be the complete opposite in the movie(non-US viewers can see the whole thing on Youtube, providing of course that it stays up), which I found to be a huge disappointment all round. The animation had flat colours and rather robotic character designs, a big contrast to the vibrant and rounded animation that the show had, the latter of which was much more appealing. The characters also were not just robotic but also anaemic, I am almost certain that parents especially- some people have mentioned it already- will have a field day saying how bad a message it is for girls, I'm not personally going to spout that but people will find it a problem. The music is just as disappointing, dull and forgettable rather than whimsical. And the songs made for painful listening, I wasn't a big fan of the songs in the original 80s movie but even they weren't as bad as the ones here, though arguably the songs here are sung better but not by much. These songs are not catchy in the slightest, the melodies have no energy or distinction and while it may not be the case I would be surprised if anybody after watching the movie could remember a single lyric or note.

The dialogue sounds tired and too high-school cliché-sounding, any attempts to be witty or funny came across as forced and any sweet moments were mawkish. There are references to the show but they were for me clumsily handled and they were as true to the show the movie gets. Even though the movie is short, because the story is so paper thin(25 minute episode quality with lots of filler in a film over twice as long!), completely lacking in any originality of its own and too padded out it feels much longer, I also felt sometimes as though I was being talked down to and I don't like that. The way the characters were handled was disappointing too, their distinct likable personalities were one of the best things about the show but here their personalities are shallow at best and non-existent at worst, consequently it was very difficult to get properly invested in them. We have a very talented voice cast here, Tara Strong being the most prolific and recognisable, and they do their best but their material is beneath them to the extent I found they were wasted.

Overall, a huge disappointment, doesn't stop me from being a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic but this movie does not do one of the best animated shows in recent years justice. 1/10 Bethany Cox


No comments:

Post a Comment